Gear LoRD is the rewrite of Nuklear LoRD by falknhayn. The name comes from the host site which is http://lord.gear.host/ The game is very similar to Nuklear, with three realms with slightly different rules.
The realms in Gear are:
- River - free use of weapons and armour regardless of level (camping allowed), no online battles without prior agreement
- Forest - weapons restricted to certain levels, no online battles without prior agreement
- Fire - weapons restricted to certain levels, online battles allowed
Gear LoRD also features some enhancements and improvements to the original game. The biggest changes are:
- Support for playing in modern browsers and touchscreen support
- Automatic reset of realms after the round has been won
9 bot players in each realm, ensuring that there are sufficient players in each round(currently disabled as there are plenty of players)
- Death Knight skills are 30 % stronger than Thieving skills to make them usable
- No dragon horse kills will occur
- Horse death probability has been reduced from 1/27 to 1/50 to make horses worthwhile
- Improved disconnection handling - possibility to continue playing after the connection has been restored
- Players are automatically set to dead if they sleep in the fields or the inn on level 12, or on lower levels with >15M experience (Forest and Fire realms only)
- No mail is sent to another player if sending an empty row
- Limitations to how good weapons and armour you can buy to prevent camping (Forest and Fire realms only)
- No gold is gained from killing a player, to prevent team playing.
- Some bug and typo fixes
- Gear LoRD day starts at midnight Brasília time (GMT -3, year round).